How To Open Ports in Your Router for Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Middle-earth: Shadow of War includes the following genres of gameplay.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
Forward Ports for Middle-earth: Shadow of War
When you are playing Middle-earth: Shadow of War you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Middle-earth: Shadow of War Require
The network ports for Middle-earth: Shadow of War are as follows:
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Middle-earth: Shadow of War yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Middle-earth: Shadow of War simply follow one of these links:
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Playstation 4
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Xbox One
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Steam
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.