Minecraft: Story Mode is Telltale Games's Adventure game with a release date in 2015.
Since Minecraft: Story Mode is an adventure game you can expect to follow your character through a story, where you are the one who discovers the plot, solves the problems, and ultimately decides the fate of the game. Adventure style games tend to be longer than other styles of games and focus on the story. If you enjoy a game that has a large story element then you will most likely enjoy playing Minecraft: Story Mode.
Forward Ports for Minecraft: Story Mode
When you are playing Minecraft: Story Mode you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Minecraft: Story Mode
The incoming connection ports for Minecraft: Story Mode are as follows:
Minecraft: Story Mode - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Minecraft: Story Mode yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Minecraft: Story Mode - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Minecraft: Story Mode - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Minecraft: Story Mode - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Minecraft: Story Mode - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Minecraft: Story Mode - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Minecraft: Story Mode that will show you the connection ports.
- Minecraft: Story Mode - Playstation 3
- Minecraft: Story Mode - Playstation 4
- Minecraft: Story Mode - Switch
- Minecraft: Story Mode - Xbox 360
- Minecraft: Story Mode - Xbox One
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.