Ports Required for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin are as follows:
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin that will show you the exact ports.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin offers the following styles of play.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Turn based games have each player take a dedicated turn. Players can frequently manage their inventory, cards, or characters while the other player is making their move.
Forward Ports for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
When you are playing Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.