How to Port Forward in Your Router for Monster Train
Monster Train offers the following genres of gameplay.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- Most card games are top down view of a gaming table, but they are sometimes a virtual hand held up in the air on screen. They are sometimes single and sometimes multiplayer. Typical card games include Magic the Gathering, poker, and solitaire.
Forward Ports for Monster Train
When you are playing Monster Train you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Monster Train Require
The connection ports for Monster Train are as follows:
Monster Train - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Monster Train - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Monster Train yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Monster Train - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Monster Train that will show you the incoming connection ports.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.