Forwarding Ports for Moonlighter on Your Router.
When you play Moonlighter you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
Port Forward Moonlighter
When you are playing Moonlighter you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Moonlighter
The network ports for Moonlighter are as follows:
Moonlighter - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Moonlighter yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Moonlighter - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Moonlighter - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Moonlighter - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Moonlighter - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Moonlighter simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.