Open Ports on Your Router for NBA 2K18
NBA 2K18 is 2K Sports's Sports game with a release date in 2017.
NBA 2K18 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Forward Ports for NBA 2K18
When you are playing NBA 2K18 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does NBA 2K18 Require
The incoming connection ports for NBA 2K18 are as follows:
NBA 2K18 - PC
- TCP: 1745,1795,3074,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 88,1745,1795,3064,3074,4380,27000-27031,27036
NBA 2K18 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1745,1795,1935,3074,3478-3480
- UDP: 88,1745,1795,3064,3074,3478-3479
NBA 2K18 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 1745,1795,3074,3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 88,1745,1795,3064,3074,3478-3479,3658
NBA 2K18 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 1745,1795,3074
- UDP: 88,1745,1795,3064,3074
NBA 2K18 - Xbox One
- TCP: 1745,1795,3074
- UDP: 88,500,1745,1795,3064,3074,3544,4500
NBA 2K18 - Switch
- TCP: 1745,1795,3074,6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for NBA 2K18 that will show you the incoming ports.
- NBA 2K18 - PC
- NBA 2K18 - Playstation 4
- NBA 2K18 - Playstation 3
- NBA 2K18 - Xbox 360
- NBA 2K18 - Xbox One
- NBA 2K18 - Switch
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.