NBA Playgrounds offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Arcade games are short games that are made to be played for a short amount of time. Original arcade games were coin operated, but many arcade style games are PC and console.
- Sports games simulate a variety of sports including football, baseball, basketball, track and field, and combat sports. They tend to be very competitive. Some are realistically modeled after their real world counterparts while others are satirical with a stronger emphasis on entertainment. Many sports games feature players from the real world in them.
Port Forward NBA Playgrounds
When you are playing NBA Playgrounds you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for NBA Playgrounds
The specific ports for NBA Playgrounds are as follows:
NBA Playgrounds - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
NBA Playgrounds - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
NBA Playgrounds - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
NBA Playgrounds - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for NBA Playgrounds that will show you the network ports.
- NBA Playgrounds - Steam
- NBA Playgrounds - Playstation 4
- NBA Playgrounds - Switch
- NBA Playgrounds - Xbox One
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.