Need for Speed: Carbon is a Driving/Racing game published by Electronic Arts released in 2006.
Need for Speed: Carbon is a driving / racing style of game. Most driving / racing games are some sort of competition, and can be on land, sea, air, or outer space. In some racing games the is either 1st person in the cockpit or 3rd person such as a chase cam, while other games allow you to switch freely between the two views. Racing games are considered sports games.
How to Port Forward Need for Speed: Carbon
When you are playing Need for Speed: Carbon you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Need for Speed: Carbon Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Need for Speed: Carbon are as follows:
Need for Speed: Carbon - PC
- TCP: 18210, 18215, 13505, 30900-30999
- UDP: 3658
Need for Speed: Carbon - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Need for Speed: Carbon - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Need for Speed: Carbon - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Need for Speed: Carbon that will show you the exact ports.
- Need for Speed: Carbon - PC
- Need for Speed: Carbon - Xbox 360
- Need for Speed: Carbon - Playstation 3
- Need for Speed: Carbon - Wii
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.