Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) has the following genres of gameplay.
- In driving/racing style games you are in control of a vehicle, either from its cockpit or from a chase camera. They are usually fast paced and reflex based. Some of them have story modes while others are more arcade style. Popular driving racing games include Forza, Dirt, and Mario Kart.
- Arcade style games usually do not have a story and are closely related to action games, except they are much less in depth and intended to be played in a limited amount of time.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
Forward Ports for Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
When you are playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) are as follows:
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - PC
- TCP: 8080
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Steam
- TCP: 8080, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) simply follow one of these links:
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - PC
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Steam
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Playstation 3
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Xbox 360
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.