Need for Speed: Shift is Electronic Arts's Driving/Racing game with a release date in 2009.
Need for Speed: Shift is a driving / racing style of game. Most driving / racing games are some sort of competition, and can be on land, sea, air, or outer space. In some racing games the is either 1st person in the cockpit or 3rd person such as a chase cam, while other games allow you to switch freely between the two views. Racing games are considered sports games.
Forward Ports for Need for Speed: Shift
When you are playing Need for Speed: Shift you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Need for Speed: Shift
The connection ports that need to be forwarded for Need for Speed: Shift are as follows:
Need for Speed: Shift - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Need for Speed: Shift - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Need for Speed: Shift - PC
- TCP: 1024-1124, 3216, 8080, 9960-9969, 18000, 18060, 18120, 27900, 28910, 29900
- UDP: 1024-1124, 18000, 29900
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Need for Speed: Shift simply follow one of these links:
- After that you're done your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.