How to Port Forward Need for Speed Undercover
Need for Speed: Undercover is a Driving/Racing game published by Electronic Arts released in 2008.
Need for Speed: Undercover is a driving / racing style of game. Most driving / racing games are some sort of competition, and can be on land, sea, air, or outer space. In some racing games the is either 1st person in the cockpit or 3rd person such as a chase cam, while other games allow you to switch freely between the two views. Racing games are considered sports games.
Port Forward Need for Speed: Undercover
When you are playing Need for Speed: Undercover you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Need for Speed: Undercover
The ports that need to be forwarded for Need for Speed: Undercover are as follows:
Need for Speed: Undercover - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Need for Speed: Undercover - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Need for Speed: Undercover - PC
- TCP: 1024-1124,3216,8080,9960-9969,18000,18060,18120,27900,28910,29900
- UDP: 1024-1124,18000,29900
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Need for Speed: Undercover simply follow one of these links:
- Need for Speed: Undercover - Xbox 360
- Need for Speed: Undercover - Playstation 3
- Need for Speed: Undercover - PC
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.