The following ports need to be forwarded for an One Step From Eden:
One Step From Eden - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Set Up a Port Forward for an One Step From Eden
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use an One Step From Eden. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to an One Step From Eden.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your camera's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for an One Step From Eden
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your camera in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for an One Step From Eden in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for an One Step From Eden:
List of Routers - Customized for One Step From Eden
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for an One Step From Eden.