Ports To Forward for OpenRA
The incoming connection ports for OpenRA are as follows:
OpenRA - PC
- TCP: 1234
We have guides that are custom tailored for OpenRA that will show you the incoming connection ports.
When you play OpenRA you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- The management style can be either resource management such as wood and ore, or player management such as a sports game.
Forward Ports for OpenRA
When you are playing OpenRA you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.