Opening Ports for Overcooked! using Your Router
Overcooked! has the following genres of gameplay.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Arcade games are short games that are made to be played for a short amount of time. Original arcade games were coin operated, but many arcade style games are PC and console.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
How to Port Forward Overcooked!
When you are playing Overcooked! you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Overcooked!
The specific incoming ports for Overcooked! are as follows:
Overcooked! - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Overcooked! - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Overcooked! - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Overcooked! - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Overcooked! - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Overcooked! yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
We have guides that are custom tailored for Overcooked! that will show you the exact ports.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.