When you play Path of Exile 2 you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat. They generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures.
Forward Ports for Path of Exile 2
When you are playing Path of Exile 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Path of Exile 2
The incoming connection ports for Path of Exile 2 are as follows:
Path of Exile 2 - PC
- TCP: 6112, 8095, 12995, 20481
Path of Exile 2 - Steam
- TCP: 6112, 8095, 12995, 20481, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Path of Exile 2 simply follow one of these links:
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.