Opening Ports for Path of Exile using Your Router
Path of Exile offers the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat. They generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures.
Forward Ports for Path of Exile
When you are playing Path of Exile you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Path of Exile
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Path of Exile are as follows:
Path of Exile - PC
- TCP: 6112,8095,12995,20481
Path of Exile - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Path of Exile - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Path of Exile - Steam
- TCP: 6112,8095,12995,20481,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Path of Exile simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.