How To Open Ports in Your Router for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is Obsidian Entertainment, Versus Evil's Role-Playing game with a release date in 2018.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is a roleplaying game, or simply RPG. Role-Playing Games give you many, many hours of game play where you can explore a sometimes huge new world through the eyes of your own character. They are usually the longest style of game with the most detailed story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
Forward Ports for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
When you are playing Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire are as follows:
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire simply follow one of these links:
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Playstation 4
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Switch
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.