Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for PlayOn:
PlayOn - PC
- TCP: 57331
- UDP: 57331
Set Up a Port Forward for PlayOn
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use PlayOn. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to PlayOn.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your media server.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for PlayOn
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your media server's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for PlayOn in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for PlayOn:
List of Routers - Customized for PlayOn
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for PlayOn.