Creating a Port Forward in Your Router for Project CARS 2
Project CARS 2 has the following genres of gameplay.
- In a simulation game the primary goal is to simulate a real life situation either for education or entertainment. Simulation games have a huge vareity of types including sports, driving, flying, and dating. Some of the most popular sims of all time are SimCity and Madden NFL.
- Driving/racing games put you in the cockpit of a vehicle. The view can be either from inside the cockpit or from a chase camera. Examples include Mario Kart, Dirt, and Forza.
How to Port Forward Project CARS 2
When you are playing Project CARS 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Project CARS 2 Require
The ports for Project CARS 2 are as follows:
Project CARS 2 - PC
- TCP: 8766,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,8766,27000-27031,27036
Project CARS 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Project CARS 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Project CARS 2 that will show you the specific ports.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.