When you play Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin you will experience the following styles of play.
- In a puzzle type game the player solves puzzles that may be either logic, patters, words, or numbers. Puzzle games sometimes use a timer to create a sense of pressure to solve the puzzle faster.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Most VR games use a VR headset and hand held input devices.
Port Forward Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
When you are playing Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin are as follows:
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.