Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-109 II device:
QNAP TS-109 II - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-109 II device
When you use a QNAP TS-109 II device you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-109 II device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-109 II device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-109 II device in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-109 II device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-109 II
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-109 II device.