The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-112P device are:
QNAP TS-112P - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-112P device
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-112P device. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QNAP TS-112P device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-112P device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-112P device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-112P device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-112P
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-112P device.