The ports that need to be forwarded for a Qsee QSD2308C8-320 DVR are listed here:
Qsee QSD2308C8-320 - PC
- TCP: 80, 2000
Forwarding Ports for a Qsee QSD2308C8-320 DVR
When you use a Qsee QSD2308C8-320 DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Qsee QSD2308C8-320 DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Qsee QSD2308C8-320 DVR
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Qsee QSD2308C8-320 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Qsee QSD2308C8-320 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Qsee QSD2308C8-320
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Qsee QSD2308C8-320 DVR.