Rain is Sony Computer Entertainment's Adventure game released in 2013.
Since Rain is an adventure game you can expect to follow your character through a story, where you are the one who discovers the plot, solves the problems, and ultimately decides the fate of the game. Adventure style games tend to be longer than other styles of games and focus on the story. If you enjoy a game that has a large story element then you will most likely enjoy playing Rain.
Port Forward Rain
When you are playing Rain you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Rain Require
The ports that need to be forwarded for Rain are as follows:
Rain - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Rain simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.