Sega Genesis Classics is Sega's Compilation game released in 2010.
Sega Genesis Classics is a compilation of games. Compilation games are a great way to get a bunch of games for a lower price. Lately game publishers have been compiling older arcade style games in a compilation and selling them as a single package.
How to Port Forward Sega Genesis Classics
When you are playing Sega Genesis Classics you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Sega Genesis Classics
The ports for Sega Genesis Classics are as follows:
Sega Genesis Classics - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Sega Genesis Classics - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Sega Genesis Classics - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Sega Genesis Classics - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sega Genesis Classics that will show you the network ports.
- Sega Genesis Classics - Steam
- Sega Genesis Classics - Playstation 4
- Sega Genesis Classics - Switch
- Sega Genesis Classics - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.