Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for SimpleCam v2.0:
SimpleCam v2.0 - PC
- TCP: 8888
- UDP: 8888
Set Up a Port Forward for SimpleCam v2.0
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use SimpleCam v2.0. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to SimpleCam v2.0.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for SimpleCam v2.0
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for SimpleCam v2.0 in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for SimpleCam v2.0:
List of Routers - Customized for SimpleCam v2.0
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for SimpleCam v2.0.