Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure is Activision's Action, Adventure, and Platformer game released in 2011.
When you play Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
When you are playing Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
The exact ports for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure are as follows:
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure that will show you the connection ports.
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - Playstation 3
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - Wii
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - Xbox 360
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.