Open Ports on Your Router for Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered offers the following styles of play.
- In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
How to Port Forward Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
When you are playing Sniper Elite V2 Remastered you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Sniper Elite V2 Remastered are as follows:
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - PC
- TCP: 27002
- UDP: 27001-27003,27100
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Steam
- TCP: 27002,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036,27100
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Sniper Elite V2 Remastered simply follow one of these links:
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - PC
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Playstation 4
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Steam
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Switch
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Xbox One
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.