Ports Required for Sniper Elite
The connection ports for Sniper Elite are as follows:
Sniper Elite - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Sniper Elite - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Sniper Elite yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Sniper Elite simply follow one of these links:
Sniper Elite offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Forward Ports for Sniper Elite
When you are playing Sniper Elite you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.