Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic and the Black Knight has the following genres of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In a hack-and-slash style of game you spend most of the time just killing wave after wave of creatures. They are strongly emphasize combat over anything else. Hack-and-slash style games are usually also considered action games.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Port Forward Sonic and the Black Knight
When you are playing Sonic and the Black Knight you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Sonic and the Black Knight
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Sonic and the Black Knight are as follows:
Sonic and the Black Knight - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sonic and the Black Knight that will show you the specific ports.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.