How to Port Forward Spliter Cell Chaos Theory
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is a Stealth game published by Ubisoft released in 2005.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is a stealth style of game. In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
Port Forward Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
When you are playing Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
The necessary ports that need to be forwarded for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory are as follows:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - PC
- TCP: 6668,9102,40000-43000
- UDP: 7776,8888-8891,8878,9011,9102-9103,9106-9107,41006,44000,45000-45001
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory simply follow one of these links:
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.