Opening Ports for Sports Story using Your Router
Sports Story offers the following styles of play.
- A 2D game features flat graphics and are usually either side view or top down view. Side view 2D games are sometimes also called "platform" style games because they main objective is to travel from one platform to another.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- Sports games simulate a variety of sports including football, baseball, basketball, track and field, and combat sports. They tend to be very competitive. Some are realistically modeled after their real world counterparts while others are satirical with a stronger emphasis on entertainment. Many sports games feature players from the real world in them.
Port Forward Sports Story
When you are playing Sports Story you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Sports Story
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Sports Story are as follows:
Sports Story - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sports Story that will show you the required ports that need to be forwarded.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.