SSX has the following styles of gameplay.
- Sports games can be either realistic or satirical, and can be either competitive or simply entertaining. Most sports games involve both physics and tactics and take place in some sort of arena.
- In driving/racing style games you are in control of a vehicle, either from its cockpit or from a chase camera. They are usually fast paced and reflex based. Some of them have story modes while others are more arcade style. Popular driving racing games include Forza, Dirt, and Mario Kart.
Forward Ports for SSX
When you are playing SSX you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for SSX
The required incoming ports that need to be forwarded for SSX are as follows:
SSX - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 3074
SSX - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 5223, 3478-3479, 3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and SSX simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.