The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Starbound Server are:
Starbound Server - PC
- TCP: 21025-21026
Forwarding Ports for Starbound Server
When you use Starbound Server you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Starbound Server.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for Starbound Server
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Starbound Server in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Starbound Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Starbound Server
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Starbound Server.