Stronghold: Crusader - Extreme includes the following styles of play.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
How to Port Forward Stronghold: Crusader - Extreme
When you are playing Stronghold: Crusader - Extreme you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Stronghold: Crusader - Extreme Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Stronghold: Crusader - Extreme are as follows:
Stronghold: Crusader - Extreme - PC
- TCP: 2300-2400, 47624
- UDP: 2300-2400
We have guides that are custom tailored for Stronghold: Crusader - Extreme that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.