Stronghold: Legends is considered a strategy game. Most strategy games tend to focus on skillful thinking and planning in order to beat either bots, or sometimes real players. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. They frequently include exploration and resource management.
Forward Ports for Stronghold: Legends
When you are playing Stronghold: Legends you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Stronghold: Legends Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Stronghold: Legends are as follows:
Stronghold: Legends - PC
- TCP: 6667, 28910
- UDP: 13139, 19966
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Stronghold: Legends simply follow one of these links:
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.