Create a Port Forward for Subnautica: Below Zero in your Router
Subnautica: Below Zero includes the following styles of play.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
How to Port Forward Subnautica: Below Zero
When you are playing Subnautica: Below Zero you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Subnautica: Below Zero
The ports for Subnautica: Below Zero are as follows:
Subnautica: Below Zero - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Subnautica: Below Zero - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Subnautica: Below Zero - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
We have guides that are custom tailored for Subnautica: Below Zero that will show you the incoming ports.
- Subnautica: Below Zero - Steam
- Subnautica: Below Zero - Xbox One
- Subnautica: Below Zero - Playstation 4
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.