Supreme Commander is a Strategy and Real-Time game published by THQ, Aspyr, 505 Games, Nordic Games, Square Enix released in 2007.
Which Ports Does Supreme Commander Require
The incoming connection ports for Supreme Commander are as follows:
Supreme Commander - PC
- UDP: 6112, 9103, 16010, 30350-30351
Supreme Commander - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Supreme Commander - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Supreme Commander that will show you the necessary ports.
Supreme Commander includes the following styles of play.
- While playing a strategy game the player is focused on long term planning. They can be either real-time which involves a free running clock or turn-based where each player gets to take their turn in sequence. They frequently include exploration and resource management.
- In a real time strategy game multiple players are fighting for control of a battlefield, usually in a top down view. RTS games can also be in a 3rd person or isometric viewpoint. They tend to involve time and resource management as well as troop and building construction.
Port Forward Supreme Commander
When you are playing Supreme Commander you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After that you're done your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.