Port Forwarding for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has the following genres of gameplay.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
How to Port Forward The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
When you are playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The required incoming ports for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim are as follows:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim simply follow one of these links:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Playstation 3
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Playstation 4
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Switch
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Xbox 360
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.