Forwarding Ports in Your Router for The King of Fighters '98
The King of Fighters '98 is SNK Playmore, Hamster Corporation, D4 Enterprise's Fighting game released in 2007.
Since The King of Fighters '98 is a fighting style of game you can expect fast paced, side view, player vs. player fighting action. Like Moral Kombat, Tekken, or Dead or Alive, most fighting games are in an arena with 3d style graphics and really rely on the players reflexes.
How to Port Forward The King of Fighters '98
When you are playing The King of Fighters '98 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for The King of Fighters '98
The ports that need to be forwarded for The King of Fighters '98 are as follows:
The King of Fighters '98 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
The King of Fighters '98 - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
The King of Fighters '98 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for The King of Fighters '98 that will show you the incoming ports.
- The King of Fighters '98 - Playstation 3
- The King of Fighters '98 - Wii
- The King of Fighters '98 - Xbox One
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.