Port Forwarding on Your Router for The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct includes the following styles of play.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Forward Ports for The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
When you are playing The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Require
The network ports for The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct are as follows:
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct simply follow one of these links:
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - Steam
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - Playstation 3
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - Xbox 360
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.