How to Port Forward in Your Router for Through the Darkest of Times
Through the Darkest of Times includes the following styles of play.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- In a simulation game the primary goal is to simulate a real life situation either for education or entertainment. Simulation games have a huge vareity of types including sports, driving, flying, and dating. Some of the most popular sims of all time are SimCity and Madden NFL.
- Games tagged management are usually either player management like in a sports game or resource management like in StarCraft.
How to Port Forward Through the Darkest of Times
When you are playing Through the Darkest of Times you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Through the Darkest of Times Require
The specific incoming ports for Through the Darkest of Times are as follows:
Through the Darkest of Times - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Through the Darkest of Times yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Through the Darkest of Times - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Through the Darkest of Times simply follow one of these links:
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.