Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Covert Ops Essentials offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
Forward Ports for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Covert Ops Essentials
When you are playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Covert Ops Essentials you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Covert Ops Essentials Require
The network ports for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Covert Ops Essentials are as follows:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Covert Ops Essentials - PC
- TCP: 2346
- UDP: 2346
We have guides that are custom tailored for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Covert Ops Essentials that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.