How to Open a Port in Your Router for Tormented Souls
Tormented Souls offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
Forward Ports for Tormented Souls
When you are playing Tormented Souls you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Tormented Souls Require
The specific incoming ports for Tormented Souls are as follows:
Tormented Souls - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Tormented Souls - Xbox Series X
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Tormented Souls - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Tormented Souls - Playstation 5
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
We have guides that are custom tailored for Tormented Souls that will show you the network ports.
- Tormented Souls - Steam
- Tormented Souls - Xbox Series X
- Tormented Souls - Switch
- Tormented Souls - Playstation 5
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.