Did you know the ZTE MF275R router has a very basic firewall. This firewall helps to protect your home network from unwanted Internet activity. It will block all incoming and outgoing connections that have not been authorized. Some online computer games or programs run much smoother if you allow additional connections through the firewall. Allowing additional connections through the firewall is called a port forward.
In this guide you will be shown exactly how to create a port forward on the ZTE MF275R router. The steps we will walk you through are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the ZTE MF275R router interface.
- How to find the port forwarding page in the router's web interface.
- How to setup a port forward for the online game or program of your choice.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it in Step 4.
It is now time to login to the ZTE MF275R router. To do this you need to open up a web browser. It doesn't really matter which one you choose to open, simply pick your favorite such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Edge.
Once you have opened up the web browser of choice, find the address bar. This is typically at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default ZTE MF275R IP Address is: 192.168.0.1
Now simply press the Enter key. If everything goes as it should, you will see a login window:
Don't panic if you do not see a login window. Your router's IP address may have been changed. Find out what your current router IP address is by following the directions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
- The Default ZTE MF275R Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZTE MF275R Router Password is: password
This is a pretty common place to get stuck. If you find yourself here, don't panic, there are a few things you can try:
- First, check all the different ZTE default combinations. Here is our list of all known Default ZTE Router Passwords.
- Second, try and guess what the password/username was changed to. Use our Find Password App to make this step easier.
- Finally, if you are still stuck after trying both of the above options, it may be time to consider a factory reset. Learn more about this option on the How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To help you with this step, we begin on the Device Information page:
Start by clicking the Settings option at the top of the page.
Looking in the left sidebar, click the option of Firewall, then Port Forwarding under that.
You are now on the port forwarding page of the ZTE MF275R router.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the IP Address box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
If you are forwarding a single port then you can enter that port number into the left Port Range and the right Port Range boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the left Port Range box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the right Port Range box.
Select the required protocol for these ports from the Protocol dropdown box.
Create a name for this forward and put it in the Comment box. The name is only used as a reminder and has no effect on the port forward.
After you are done click the Apply button.
Click the Apply button when you are finished.
Test Your Ports
Are the ports you just forwarded really open? An easy way to find out is to use our free Open Port Checker. It uses a local application to see if the ports are open or not. This guarantees our port checkers accuracy.
Check out our other guides. We have a growing list of free gaming, networking, and software guides here at portforward.com.
Our other site setuprouter.com can help you setup a secure home network with your exact router.