ZTE ZXHN H208N Router Open Port Instructions
This is the open port guide for the ZTE ZXHN H208N CYTA. We also have the following related guides:
Pick the guide that most closely matches your router.
The ZTE CYTA ZXHN H208N router uses a basic firewall to help protect your home network from potential Internet risks. The firewall does this by blocking all ports that have not been authorized. Sometimes when using an online application or playing an online game you need some of these blocked ports opened. This process of opening ports is called a port forward.
In this guide we show you exactly what to do to get your ports forwarded. We will guide you through each of the following steps:
- How to create a static IP address on the device you are forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the ZTE CYTA ZXHN H208N router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the device setup pages.
- How to configure the router to get your ports open.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
It is now time to login to the ZTE CYTA ZXHN H208N router. Your router uses a web interface. This means you need to login using a web browser. It really should not matter what browser you decide to use, we recommend simply picking a favorite. Some of the more common options are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
Once you have picked a web browser, open it up and locate the address bar. This is at the top of the page like this:
As you can see from the image above, we have circled the location of the address bar for you. All you need to do is input the router's IP address into the address bar. Remember that sometimes a router manufacturer will call the router's IP address the router's default gateway or the router's GUI address.
The default IP address for the ZTE CYTA ZXHN H208N router is: 192.168.1.1
If you have changed the router's IP address in the past and don't remember what you changed it to, use this page to help you find it. It is titled How To Find Your Router's IP Address.
Once you have finished entering the router's IP address into the address bar, simply press the enter key on your keyboard. This should take you to a login page like this:
On this page, you need to enter the username and password in order to continue.
- The Default ZTE ZXHN H208N Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZTE ZXHN H208N Router Password is: password
Are you stuck at this point? This is a common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- One is other ZTE passwords. If you have a different firmware version you could have a different username and password as well. Here is our list of Default ZTE Router Passwords.
- Another option is to try and guess what you changed it to. If the above option did not work, it is because you changed the username and/or password in the past and don't remember. If you need help with this step, check out our Find Password App. It will automate the process of guessing thousands of different combinations. If you are interested in this you can learn more on this Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, if you have tried everything else and are still stuck, it might be time to consider a factory reset. A reset like this one is a big step and should not be taken lightly. We strongly recommend exhausting your other troubleshooting options before you decide to reset the ZTE CYTA ZXHN H208N router. Learn more about this on this page titled How to Reset a Router.
In this third step, we will show you how to find the port forwarding section of the router. To do this we begin on the first page.
The Device Information page.
On this page, look in the left sidebar and click the option of Application.
This may take you to a page like the one you see above.
Under the heading of Application, select the option of SOHO Service.
Finally, under that pick the sub link of SOHO Address Mapping.
You are now on the correct page to create some port forwards.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Make sure that the Enable checkbox is checked.
Create a name for this forward and put it in the Name box. The name is only used as a reminder and has no effect on the port forward.
In the Protocol box select the protocol that you want to forward these ports over.
If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the WAN Start Port, WAN End Port, LAN Host Start Port and LAN Host End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the WAN Start Port and LAN Host Start Port boxes and the highest number of the range into the WAN End Port and LAN Host End Port boxes.
You can leave the External IP Address box blank.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the LAN Host IP Address box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
Click the Add button when you are all done.
Make sure that after each entry is completed you click the option of Add.
How to Test Your Ports
When you have finished forwarding your ports, it is a good idea to check them to see if they forwarded properly.
To do this we recommend using our Open Port Checker. It is free if you download our trial version of the Network Utilities. Our Open Port Checker is better than others because we use a local application to see if the server is listening on those ports. This GUARANTEES a true result.
Do you still have questions or need some additional help, then ourNetwork Utilities Bundle is perfect for you. Another idea is to check our forum and see if that question or concern has already been answered.
Don't forget to check out the other guides we have here at portforward.comWe have everything from gaming guides to networking and software guides.
How about guides written specifically to help you setup your router. Do you need a guide to help setup your wireless network? How about setting up the DNS or changing the radio channel? We have these and more on setuprouter.com.