How to Open a Port in Your Router for 8-Bit Armies
8-Bit Armies includes the following styles of play.
- In a real time strategy game multiple players are fighting for control of a battlefield, usually in a top down view. RTS games can also be in a 3rd person or isometric viewpoint. They tend to involve time and resource management as well as troop and building construction.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
Port Forward 8-Bit Armies
When you are playing 8-Bit Armies you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for 8-Bit Armies
The exact ports for 8-Bit Armies are as follows:
8-Bit Armies - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for 8-Bit Armies yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
8-Bit Armies - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
8-Bit Armies - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
8-Bit Armies - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
8-Bit Armies - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for 8-Bit Armies that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.