Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition is a Real-Time and Strategy game published by Xbox Game Studios released in 2020.
Ports To Forward for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
The connection ports that need to be forwarded for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition are as follows:
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - PC
- TCP: 3478, 5222, 8888
- UDP: 3478, 5222, 9999
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Steam
- TCP: 3478, 5222, 8888, 27015, 27036
- UDP: 3478, 5222, 9999, 27015, 27031-27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition that will show you the network ports.
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition has the following styles of gameplay.
- In a real time strategy game multiple players are fighting for control of a battlefield, usually in a top down view. RTS games can also be in a 3rd person or isometric viewpoint. They tend to involve time and resource management as well as troop and building construction.
- While playing a strategy game the player is focused on long term planning. They can be either real-time which involves a free running clock or turn-based where each player gets to take their turn in sequence. They frequently include exploration and resource management.
Forward Ports for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
When you are playing Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.