Forward Ports on Your Router for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition has the following styles of gameplay.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
Port Forward Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
When you are playing Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Require
The required incoming ports for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition are as follows:
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - PC
- TCP: 3074,3478,5222
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3478,3544,4500,5222
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Steam
- TCP: 3074,3478,5222,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3478,3544,4380,4500,5222,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition that will show you the exact ports.
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.