Alan Wake II is an Adventure and Survival game published by Epic Games Publishing released in 2023.
Which Ports Does Alan Wake II Require
The necessary ports for Alan Wake II are as follows:
Alan Wake II - Xbox Series X
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Alan Wake II - Playstation 5
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Alan Wake II - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Alan Wake II yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Alan Wake II simply follow one of these links:
Alan Wake II offers the following genres of gameplay.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
Port Forward Alan Wake II
When you are playing Alan Wake II you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.