How to Port Forward Alpha Centauri
This game is flagged as miscellaneous, which means it fits in multiple categories.
Port Forward Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
When you are playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri are as follows:
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - PC
- TCP: 2300-2400,47624
- UDP: 2300-2400
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri that will show you the connection ports.
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.